This Church stands on the Gandhi Chowk approximately 2 kms. from the main bus stand of Dalhousie. This Church was the first to be built after the town of Dalhousie was founded. Prior to 1863 a wooden structure stood at this place. The idea to build a stone structure took birth with the arrival of Rev. John H. Pratt who came to Dalhousie on 11-04-1863 and inspired the Christian community to build a permanent church building at this place. Building of this church is a copy of Roman Catholics church of England but this church belongs to Protestants. The church building stands in a good condition but its surroundings demand much better care. Service is conducted on every Sunday.
St. John's Church has decorated glass windows. These glass windows add to the beauty of the church. The glasses are covered with a fine mosaic of patterns, which are a delight to the eye. These glass windows are Belgian in origin and have been specially gifted by none other than Lady Elgin. You will also find a necropolis in the vicinity of the church which is typically of the Christian style.